Here are two recipes made with spices usually found in your pantry for Taco Seasoning and Ranch.
Ranch Flavored Dip
- Add each of the dried spices to a bowl and gently stir.
- Store in a resealable plastic baggie or small ball canning jar with tight fitting lid in your spice cabinet.
- To make the ranch dressing, whisk together 1/3 cup mayonnaise with 1/4 cup milk(more or less depending on the consistency you want) with 1 Tbsp of the homemade ranch dressing seasoning mix. Season with salt, to taste. Use immediately and can refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Makes about 4 Tbsp worth of mix. Or use the ratios above and mix up however much you’ll need!
Read more at $5 Dinners.
- 1 part chili powder
- 1 part ground cumin
- 1 part garlic powder
- 1 part onion powder
- 1/4 – 1/2 part crushed red pepper.
- Mix all the spices together and store in an airtight container or in the freezer.
- Use to taste, For tacos, add 1 to 2 Tablespoons to meat to season.
Read more $5 Dinners.
Making your own spices is quick, easy, saves money and is better for you!!